Monday 16 May 2016

Heat & Movement


Having seen this film earlier today, I am extremely pleased with the outcome. I hadn't previously met Ina the dancer performing in the film and it was the first shoot in which I had complete control over the cinematography. I had worked with Amber previously on shoots, but working more as a technical director, making her vision come to life through the lighting. This was a difficult shoot to do as we had only a room in the university to do it, we started by shifting all the tables, chairs, cabinets, etc. out of the way before moving onto the lighting arrangement. We used a projector rented from the AV store to throw a short reel of different patterns and designs that Amber had made to cast over the Model, there were a number of issues with cables and such, however we eventually got the set up sorted. I was given virtually free reign when it came to the angles, whilst there were a few storyboarded shots that Amber was keen to make sure were available for the edit. Overall I am thrilled with the film, and am very happy that this is something I was a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment