Sunday 15 November 2015

Geometric & Floral Pattern/UV Sportswear Senses

The two videos below are the results of my work with Amber Philips a Textiles student at MMU. She is developing a type of sportswear as part of her work in her final year and asked me to do the technical directing side of the film.  

For this shoot we used a projector to put the image over the model. I had previously worked with projecting over people as part of my unit X in first year so was excited to use the knowledge I had gained and apply it into another format. I set up the projector at various distances so Amber could see how her designs looked at a range of sizes on the model. I also helped out with the camera settings to make sure there was no issues with how it came out in post-production.

This was a new experience for me as I have never filmed with UV lights and was unsure how well the footage would come out. After setting up the UV light and a large amount of tweaking of the camera settings we came out with something that I was very happy to be involved with.

These two shoots were quite experimental and I really enjoyed being involved, it was nice to take and apply knowledge from past work and also a lot of fun trying out something I had never before done. The two films look great (credit to Amber) and I am very pleased I hoped on board and was able to help at this stage of the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment